Strategic Coaching Programme
The Professional Training Programme in Strategic Coaching ®, Strategic Problem Solving ® and Communication Strategies
‘Transforming Limits Into Resources Rapidly’
“There is nothing you can’t render natural and there is nothing natural that we can not render optional” – B. Pascal
Strategic Coaching is the intervention of choice in those situations where we need to development talent or to exceed our own personal limits. In other words, Strategic Coaching ® works on any of our incapability’s or fragilities before they become problems. Discovering our limits, learning to handle them and then transform them into resources is a unique aspect of Strategic Coaching ®.
We assist managers and corporate leaders to enhance their performance and skills in communication, leadership, problem solving, team building, delegation and coaching. This programme will help boards define Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Objectives, assist high potentials individuals and teams become leaders in their fields.
Learn hard and soft skills to manage and resolve conflicts with individuals and groups. Turn teams into a compact group of self managers where required and support newly promoted staff in their personal growth. Become an invaluable support to key people who need a professional on their side.
The Foundation Level Coaching
The first level of the professional training programme in Strategic Coaching ®, Strategic Communication and Strategic Problem Solving ® is divided into 6 modules totaling 12 days professional training. The training will take place at 2 days per weekend per month, two of these days will be with one of our specialist trainers.
Advanced Level Coaching
At advanced level there will be 4 modules of training totaling, 8 training days distributed over 2 weekends per month again two days will be with be taught by Professor Giorgio Nardone.
Teaching Methodology: the professional programme is based on the methodology of learning by doing, that is, learning through practice and directly instructed lessons, there will be lively and engaging discussion of case studies, practical exercises and guided scenario simulations.
About Our Official Trainers: We pride ourselves in the delivery of the highest possible standards of training. On our programme our official lecturers and teachers are carefully chosen for excellence in their field, their skill and practical ability. Following our rigorous selection process and their successful completion of repeated and evaluated training delivery, in which they must demonstrate their interpersonal skills and the knowledge of our model, only then are they offered a role as official trainers in the Strategic Model ®.
Places Available: Due to the high demand for this training programme, and owing to the intense and intimate nature of the teaching and instruction, we can only accept 20 participants. Places will be offered on a first come first served basis.
How to register your interest: to be admitted to the selection process, we request that you send us your resume and a motivational letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Training Programme in Strategic Coaching ®, Communication and Strategic Problem Solving ®
THE MODEL OF STRATEGIC PROBLEM SOLVING
- Science and art of Problem Solving: Flexibility, rigor and educated inventiveness.
- Using strategies to achieve goals rather than defending theory
- Solution-strategies, avoiding hypothetical explanations of problems.
- Solutions that reveal the problems: the intervention research in the field of problem solving.
- The evolved PSS model. From Popper to Watzlawick to Nardone.
- Strategic problem solving technique:
- Leaving late to arrive early: careful and pragmatic definition of the problem;
- Make the imagination a reality: concretely representation the objective to be achieved;
- Solutions that complicate the problem: architects and victims of our reality: the solutions that worked. If you have already done so maybe you can do it again;
- Neither more than the same, nor the opposite, neither the middle way but the alternative. The construction of effective and efficient solutions;
- Steal the future to change the present: the technique of the scenario beyond the problem;
- If you want to straighten something, try to distort it more: the technique of how to worsen;
- From the point of arrival to the starting point: the technique of the mountain climber.
- Nothing too much just what is enough: Predictability and auto-correction of the plan.
THE PRAGMATICS OF STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION
- The first contact. Non-verbal communication and first impression effect: posture, gait, use of the gaze. If you can not do it you can not even see it.
- Intimacy of gaze, physical contact, voice, suggestive capture.
- Third contact: from upright posture to the sitting posture, a floating look.
- Proximal and para-verbal. The ecology of relational contact.
- Active listening and non-verbal interaction.
- Discriminating, orienting questions to the illusion of alternative answers.
- Harmonizing the voice and the proxemics, assonance and dissonance of your image.
- Tune in to the position and logic of the other, create thecomplementarity for change.
- Strategic questions: investigate to orient new perspectives.
- Increase the possibilities of choice.
- Restructuring paraphrases: redefining form and content to create alternatives for change.
- The utterances and the evocative formulas: the language that evokes emotions corrective.
- Linear, non-linear and paradoxical logical dialogue. Create points of alternative views.
- From dialogue to action plans: to indicate, to enjoin, to prescribe.
- The Gaze, the voice and the proxemics of the to inject.
- Not to Convince or manipulate but persuade.
THE LOGIC OF STRATEGIC CHANGE
- Ordinary, non-ordinary logic and logic of self-deception. How the mind is there in a functional or dysfunctional way.
- The logic of ambivalences. Contradictions, paradoxes and beliefs as rigorous tools for the logic of change.
- Strategies, tactics, single Interventions: from game theory and the art of war to evolved strategic logic.
- Art and science of the stratagem: magic and technology of strategic change.
- The thirteen essential stratagems: ride your tiger and the tigers of others.
- Resistance to change and strategic expedients.
- There is nothing more practical than a good theory: Making theory interact with epistemology with practical application.
STRATEGIC DIALOGUE. THE STRUCTURE OF THE TECHNIQUE: KNOWING HOW TO CHANGE
- Dialogue, dialogue and dialectics: the subtle forms of persuasion.
- The structure of the strategic dialogue.
- Questions to illusion of alternatives.
- The restructuring paraphrases.
- Summon feelings.
- Summarize to redefine.
- Prescription as a joint discovery.
STRATEGIC DIALOGUE IN ACTION: A LESSON FROM THE MASTER
- Demonstration of a real case presented by the participants.
- Eliciting of the strategies and stratagems used.
- Clarification of the communication techniques implemented.
DECISION MAKING. The Typical Problems Created by Decision-Making
- Types of decisions:
– the perception in the mind of the observer;
– critical decisions;
– difficult decisions;
– complex decisions;
– extreme decisions;
– instinctive decisions;
– unavoidable decisions;
– the courage and determination to decide;
– decision-making practical skills and abilities.
THE FEAR OF DECISIONS; BUILDING THE COURAGE TO CHOOSE FOR YOURSELF AND FOR OTHERS
- The forms of fear of deciding:
– the fear of making mistakes;
– the fear of not being capable;
– the fear of losing face;
– the fear of not having or losing control;
– the fear of unpopularity
- Manage fear of decisions:
– strategies and stratagems to overcome fear and manage decision anxiety;
– strategies and stratagems for decision anguish;
– strategies and stratagems to avoid decision-making stress;
– strategies and stratagems for obsessive doubts and decision compulsions
- Dual communication, towards the group, towards the crowd.
- Dance between logical and analogical language.
- Management of criticisms and objections.
- Expose or train: differences between public exposure and training.
- Training styles: adapt the style to the characteristics of the group.
- Management of evaluation of training outcomes as a tool for improving acquisitions.
- Use and avoidance of technological supports for the purpose of persuasive public speaking
THE ART OF SPEAKING IN PUBLIC
- The Art of Sophist oratory, Latin rhetoric, the medieval scholastic. Modern rhetoric and performative communication applied to the small groups, larger groups and crowds.
- Non-verbal and para-verbal communication in public.
- The structure of strategic debate.
- Techniques of fascination and suggestive capture of the public.
- Strategies and stratagems for the management of stress and fear of speaking in public
PERFORMANCE SCIENCES AND STRATEGIC COACHING
THE STRATEGIC COACHING MODEL. TRANSFORMING LIMITS INTO RESOURCES
– Analysis of the redundant attempted solution;
– Search for exceptions and solution oriented intervention.
- Unlock perceived personal incapability: transform limits into resources.
– Advanced incapability;
– Primary incapability.
STRATEGIC COACHING IN ACTION. BASIC SENSATIONS AND INTERVENTION STRATAGEMS
- Fear: intervention stratagems
- Anger: intervention stratagems
- Pain: stratagems of intervention
- Pleasure: intervention stratagems
THE STRATEGIC INTERVIEW IN ORGANISATIONS
- Communicating in the company;
- Strategic management of human resources through interview;
- Selection, acceptance and placement interviews;
- The management interview for the development of your professional path;
- The performance assessment interview;
- Management exit interviews.
THE STRATEGIC USE OF EVOCATIVE LANGUAGE
- Descriptive language versus evocative language
- Create feelings through the chosen rhetorical structure
- Tools of rhetoric of persuasion: the aphorisms that shine, restructuring that destabilizes, anecdotes that open perspectives, narratives that they suggest and evoke.
- To harmonize verbal, non-verbal and para-verbal communication for evocative purposes
PSYCHOLOGY OF ECONOMIC ACTION: CREATING FAILURES AND / OR SUCCESSES
– The non-economic logic of the economy
– The goddess OF quantification and its devotees
- Economics, logic and problem solving
– for an economic-strategic logic
- Economic decisions: Why emotions influence more than reason
– The illusions of rational decision
– Emotions dominate the reasons
– Strategic management of emotions
- The self-fulfilling prophecy in economics
- The magic of words
– Strategic communication for economists
- The different types of leadership:
– the authoritarian leader
– the democratic leader
– the permissive leader
– the visionary leader
– the overprotective leader
– the intermittent leader
– the delegating leader
- Effective leadership: strategic authority
– The development of the charisma
– The strategic leader: the art of delegating, controlling and correcting
– Leadership and management of organizational dynamics
– The leader as a strategic communicator
– The leader as a strategic problem solver
Strategic Self Help
- the psycho-traps of thinking:
– the deception of expectations
– the illusion of definitive knowledge
– the myth of perfect reasoning
– I feel it so it is
– think positively
– consistency at all costs
– overvaluing and / or underestimating
- psycho-traps of actions:
– to insist
– give up and surrender
– the desire to control
– the aid that damages
– defend yourself in advance
– socialize everything
- Psychosolutions: Building visions that lead to changing dysfunctional dispositions and reactions
- The stratagem of changing always to always remain oneself.
Lying to Ourselves and Lying to Others
- Lying to oneself
- The benefit of lying to oneself
- The cost of lying to oneself
- Defence mechanisms and cognitive self-deception
- Pragmatics and practical aspects of lying
- Removing the mask: How to unveil a liar
- Lying telling the truth. Tell the truth by lying and lie by telling the truth
“ … Dr Gibson’s training was really interesting and relevant to colleagues at all levels. His personable style and capacity to clearly convey his deep expertise of the subject matter in a manner that all attendees could grasp and relate to was particularly appreciated... ”
Fergal Cullen, Principal Officer, Business Services Unit, Corporate Services Division
“… Frontline Make Change availed of training provided by Dr Padraic Gibson and his team. It has to be one of the most positive engaging sessions the organisation has availed of especially the sessions on use of strategic dialogue. His team are at the top of their game... ”
Stuart Fraiser, Clinical Director Frontline, Drug and Alcohol Services, Dublin 8
"... thoroughly Engaging and informative workshops packed with information and ideas... "
Barbara Kirkpatrick, Community Services Manager, RehabCare
" As training goes this was exceptional, our team learnt so much and all it was all so practical."
Liz Grehan, Senior Manager and Principal Social Worker
“ …training with Dr Gibson was energising, empowering, though provoking and informative. We now plan interventions based on what the have learned there."
Louise Casey, Principal Medical Social Worker, Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Studies
“As a university professor, I cannot recommend the training enough….students consistently evaluated the training as being of highest quality, engaging and instructive... ’’
Professor Jeff Jackson, PhD., Virginia Tech University, Virgina. USA